struggle strive to find a entry-level job in journalism, I unfortunately sometimes find myself questioning my dream career (whether editorial and/or broadcast) as it is difficult to find that foot in the door. However, I’m not going to give up, I’m determined, as entertainment and pop-culture have been my passion since I was a little girl. Hey, I am only 23 and have my entire future ahead of me.
To brighten my day and give myself (and every woman) some Monday motivation, I decided to gather some quotes from the ultimate female journalist character of all-time, Carrie Bradshaw. Bradshaw with her column, “Sex and the City” brought humor and intellect to life, love, sex, friendship, and adulting. So here in its glory are 12 Best Carrie Bradshaw Quotes Of All Time:
- “They say nothing lasts forever; dreams change, trends come and go. But friendships never go out of style!”
- “The most exciting, challenging and significant relationship of all is the one you have with yourself. And, if you find someone to love the you that you love, well, that’s just fabulous.”
- “I will never be the woman with the perfect hair who can wear white and not spill on it.”
- “I got to thinking about fate. That crazy concept that we’re not really responsible for the course our lives take. That it’s all predestined, written in the stars. Maybe that explains why, if you live in a city where you can’t see the stars, your love life tends to feel a little more random.”
- “Maybe some women aren’t meant to be tamed. Maybe they need to run free until they find someone just as wild to run with.”
- “Maybe the past is like an anchor holding us back. Maybe you have to let go of who you were to become who you will be.”
- “As we drive along this road called life, occasionally a gal will find herself a little lost. And when that happens, I guess she has to let go of the coulda, shoulda, woulda, buckle up and just keep going.”
- “Beauty is fleeting, but a rent-controlled apartment overlooking the park is forever.”
- “I like my money where I can see it – hanging in my closet.”
- “Maybe our mistakes are what make our fate. Without them, what would shape our lives? Perhaps if we never veered off course we wouldn’t fall in love, or have babies, or be who we are. After all, seasons change. So do cities. People come into your life and people go. But it’s comforting to know that the ones you love are always in your heart.”
- “Life gives you lots of chances to screw up which means you have just as many chances to get it right.”
- “When I first moved to New York and I was totally broke, sometimes I bought Vogue instead of dinner. I found it fed me more.”
So now that I feel more motivated and Carrie-fied, the rest of my day will include a few more job apps, maybe another blog post, binge-watching How To Get Away With Murder, and a trip to Sephora.
And yeah, I guess I should go to the gym.
Carrie would get fries instead.